For my final year project, I tried to replicate and possibly improve the Disney's touche device using much cheaper components than they did. It was a partial success, but a great learning experience nontheless. These days most touch sensitive devices are designed either to recognize where it has been touched or whether is touched or not. Many objects around us in everyday life can be potentially used as touch interactive surface providing they are made out of conductive material. With the conventional way it would only be possible to detect whether the object has been touched or not. However, by exciting the object with different frequencies it is possible to detect how much skin is touching it. Essentially the system could recognize whether the object is grabbed, pinched, touched by one or more fingers or any other gesture which have different amount of skin touching it. There are many surfaces, objects and liquids which can be transformed into touch sensitive devices without additional buttons or touchscreens like door handles, mobile phones, lamps, desks, walls etc.
Jun 12, 2013
Jul 18, 2012
Jul 09, 2013
Jun 01, 2014
Jul 11, 2013
- Mar 8, 2017 | by Raivis Strogonovs
- Jun 4, 2016 | by Raivis Strogonovs
- Dec 14, 2015 | by Raivis Strogonovs
- Dec 12, 2015 | by Raivis Strogonovs
- Nov 29, 2014 | by Raivis Strogonovs
- Oct 4, 2014 | by Raivis Strogonovs
- Jun 17, 2014 | by Raivis Strogonovs
- Jun 12, 2013 | by Raivis Strogonovs
- Jul 18, 2012 | by Raivis Strogonovs
- Jul 9, 2013 | by Raivis Strogonovs
- Jun 1, 2014 | by Raivis Strogonovs
- Jul 11, 2013 | by Raivis Strogonovs
Very good writeup. I thought had been fighting my code for a week or two and confirmed what I was dooing was right. This overview is the best I have seen for doing the code. You may wish to add one thing though that I have found on another website. Urge people to check the contrast dial on...
Start with reading about C language, proceed to reading about Arduino platform/ide proceed to reading about i2c bus proceed to reading about adxl345. Rather not the other way round, although that's probably also possible, but it will be more demanding, as you have already...